Sunday, April 10, 2011

Gotta love family

So my weekend has been amazing! Friday, my wife and I went get our horses and brought them over to my mother in law's house for a bit of riding (Pepper) and groundwork (Cheyenne). We had a blast. Our roommates ended up meeting us there and I convinced them to ride. They had a blast. Josh, who has never been on a horse before, took to it like a duck to water. He loved it!



 I even got my brother to ride as well. Pepper is such an amazing horse. She rode like a dream! We had not ridden in almost 8 months, yet Pepper acted like this was a daily thing.

All wasn't kosher, however. In transit, Cheyenne busted her head in the trailer. She has a deep gash from the top of her eye, to the center of her star. It looks like it will heal fine, but she may have a scar. All in all, it was an amazing day.

So my wife's family gets together each holiday at her grandpa's place (the farm). This weekend we celebrated Easter. We do this so everyone can celebrate together, but still have their personal time for the actual holiday. Everyone brings their dogs, so I brought Dutchess. She had a BLAST! We also got to try out the new harness we bought her. It worked like a charm. She did so well meeting the other dogs. She's so submissive...she would tuck her tail and run to me every time a new dog met her.

My wife's aunt was there also with her great dane, Bella. This dog is simply gorgeous. She is also deaf. 

Needless to say, we had an amazing weekend. Gotta love family time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment